Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Over 50 readings

...have been posted over at 30 in 30. More coming soon. It's great to finally put voices to the words I've been reading over the years. I can't imagine all the work that went into pulling 30 in 30 together. The National Post posted a Q&A with Julie Wilson about the project. Hats off to Wilson for bringing these voices together. What a treat.

My readings have been posted as well. The cover poem was an easy choice as I've spent so much time over the years pouring through Anne Szumigalski's library, now housed at St. Peter's College, and wanted to pay tribute. As far as my own poem goes, those of you who know the book might wonder why I chose to read one of the gelatin-based poems. It does sit rather oddly on its own. But if you listen to both readings you'll notice the tongues. And the animals beyond. That is why.

*
I just saw this! Today a photo by H and a poem by Gerry are featured over at Pelican Watch, a site dedicated to the preservation of pelican habitat on the South Saskatchewan River.

2 comments:

tracy said...

Nice! The two work well together.

Brenda Schmidt said...

Thank you! :)