Sunday, November 03, 2013

This morning as I was staring out my office window

...thinking about our trip, a fox popped by, so I grabbed my camera and cranked open the window. The fox sat down and watched 


for a few moments, then continued on its way. 

We got home last night. The 2013 Saskatchewan Writers' Guild Fall Conference in partnership with the Ânskohk Aboriginal Literature Festival took place in Regina on the weekend, and was still going on as I hung up my jacket and plugged in the kettle.

"Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Writing and the Environment" was the theme of the conference. The presenters included
Tim Wynne-Jones, Kateri Akiwenzie-Damm, Chris Fisher, Gerald Hill, Katherine Lawrence, Andréa Ledding, Anne McDonald, BD Miller, Suzanne Paschall, Kelly-Anne Riess, Arthur Slade, Mitch Spray, and Richard Van Camp. I attended as many sessions as possible on Friday and they were all excellent. On top of that, the space had good vibes and plenty of natural light. Needless to say, I came home with tons of notes.

I had great fun chatting, meeting new people, catching up with old friends, and sitting at the supper table. 
Hats off to everyone who had a hand in making the conference a great event. Thanks to everyone for the good cheer and the great time! 

1 comment:

Blondi Blathers said...

Fabulous photo!