Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Crowdsourced crime fiction reading list

...courtesy of my Facebook friends. Here's the question I posted yesterday:

Dear friends of the mysterious sort, what series would you recommend to a person who likes Ian Rankin's Rebus series?

Here are the recommendations in the order they were posted, minus duplication:


Broadchurch (TV series, but I'll include it for future reference).

Peter Robinson's Inspector Banks series.

Tony Hillerman's Big Rez series.

Sara Paretsky's VI Warshawski series.

Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole.

Stephen Booth.

Gail Bowen.

Henning Mankell's Wallander.

Louise Penny.

Kate Atkinson. Set in Scotland.

John Harvey's Charlie Resnick series, set in Nottingham.

Craig McDonald's books. Set in Scotland.

Ann Cleeves. Two series, one set in northern Scotland.

Alexander McCall Smith's #1 Ladies Detective Agency.

Jasper Fforde.

Cynthia Harrod-Eagles's Bill Slider series.

Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series.

Ann Cleeves's Vera Stanhope series.


Thank you to everyone for your help!

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

Thanks, Brenda! I now have many more titles to add to my "FUN READS" list! But first I need to get my hands on the next two books in the Tamora Pierce YA series my daughter has me hooked on!

Brenda Schmidt said...

Yay for a good series! Yes, lots to choose from, that's for sure!