Friday, August 17, 2012

Today more books

...were waiting at the post office.


A Geography of Blood: Unearthing Memory from a Prairie Landscape by Candace Savage, a just-released book which received high praise from Trevor Herriot over on Grass Notes
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami, which was recommended as a must-read by a writer over on Facebook. 
It smells like fall. Grasshoppers clicking away when I took this pic and still clicking as I write this. The yard is hopping with juncos today. Last week it was blackbirds. Mostly warblers the week before.

_______

A new post by Trevor Herriot regarding today's news release from the Saskatchewan government just popped up in my feed. If you care about the future of the grasslands, be sure to read it and act.

2 comments:

the regina mom said...

Thanks for the alert on Candace's new book! I missed it at Grass Notes, but I did not miss the sale of the grasslands by our government. Gah!!!

Brenda Schmidt said...

Gah is right!

I read Candace's book. It's terrific. An important book for sure.