Alas, my "here" sounds like "ear." That's what happens when I don't bother to set up a tripod. Now I know I can't hold a camera in one hand, a book in the other and read clearly at the same time.
Thanks to Ariel for the book. It's a wonderful addition to our collection.
- I saw seven Willow Ptarmigan this morning. They no longer look pure white against fresh snow.
- The Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch was last seen on March 12.
- Evening Grosbeak numbers rose to 40 on March 16. No Pine Grosbeaks today.
- A mix of Common and Hoary Redpolls continues, mainly Hoary, up to 20 at a time.
- Twenty Willow Ptarmigan in Creighton on March 8. Ptarmigan observed as far south as the La Ronge junction on the Hanson Lake Road on March 2.
Yesterday I read "Walking" by Henry David Thoreau. I spent time with it again today. Perfect March reading.