Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My poem for Stephen Harper

...will be included in Rogue Stimulus: The Stephen Harper Holiday Anthology for a Prorogued Parliament. I'm delighted to be part of this "government-toppling anthology" as Mansfield Press puts it. Hats off to Stephen Brockwell, Stuart Ross and Mansfield Press for putting together this response. I won't share the title of my poem here as it would attract scads of spam.

I got the email saying my poem was accepted when I was out of town and I shared the news with the people I was with at the time. The ensuing conversation, while lacking any pro-prorogation, pro-Harper or pro-government elements, was civil and full of smiles. So the next morning I mentioned it to a couple other people. Well. Let's just say it was a hot breakfast.

4 comments:

Ian LeTourneau said...

congrats. looking forward to reading it!

Ariel Gordon said...

Fun! Or should I say...Incendiary!

Pearl said...

fun. congrats. :) going to any of the launches set up so far?

Brenda Schmidt said...

Thanks, all!

I'd love to get to a launch. I have the air miles, but there's lots of buts.