Monday, April 10, 2006

Have you ever seen

...an exhibition that stayed with you, so much so that years later you can recall not only particular paintings, but where they were hanging and the angle at which you'd encountered them? Paul Sisetski's work did that to me. I saw the show in the 90's I think, though it could've been before that. I remember walking into the gallery and stopping. The work caught me off guard. It changed the way I see. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to seeing his latest exhibition Don’t Shoot the Messenger, which is currently at The Mendel Art Gallery.

2 comments:

Crafty Missus said...

there's a local woman named elayne greeley, thats how i feel about her work, it makes me laugh and cry, i have physical reactions to it. she is part of the reason i make art, her work inspiried me off my arse! i can remember most of the work i've seen by her, names and where they were when i saw them...
google her. you'll be so glad you did!

Brenda Schmidt said...

Thanks Cara! I found her work. I'll be sure to check it out when I come out your way.