Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A big bag of books

...sits on the floor behind me. When Tracy handed it to me in Regina I complained about the weight and asked for a forklift to move it. Some of the books are mine, some Tracy's. Thanks to her I've been reading Anne Compton's Processional while I bike. I've been trying to pedal off everything I ate at La Bodega. While the bag of books might do the trick, I did order some Martian Press titles just to be on the safe side. Tonight I went shopping again. I'm not sure how many books it will take to wear off that cupcake.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cupcake looked a different colour from those I remember (but I might be mistaken; it's been a long time since I've even seen one). Is there a taxonomy of cupcakes? There should be a good poem there somewhere (hint).

Ariel Gordon said...

So, is this like a commission, Pete? If so, I have a variety of baked goods (and other, less floury subjects) I'd like to commission poems-from-Brenda on...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... hadn't thought of it like that, Ariel, but... guess it's up to Brenda now. With enough commissions (or whatever), we might yet see a new collection entitled "A taxonomy of cupcakes and other floury subjects". We're waiting, Brenda.

Ariel Gordon said...

We're always waiting...

Brenda Schmidt said...

A taxonomy of cupcakes coming right up!