Monday, March 24, 2014

It's incredibly moving to read the index

...of The Literary History of Saskatchewan: Volume 2 ~ Progressions, or at least it was for me. 


edited by David Carpenter.

It's the first thing I did when H brought the book home from the post office this afternoon. All those writers, book titles, publishers, and organizations. So much has happened here. So much is happening.

It was a wonderful surprise to see my name and the titles of two of my books in the index. The essay "To House or House Not: The New Saskatchewan Women Poets" by William Robertson looks at the work of several writers, mine included. I am thrilled and grateful. It's especially heartening as I'm well into the writing of a new book and filled with all the excitement and uncertainty that goes along with it. Seeing my name and work among the others in the essay and in the index of this history is oddly comforting.

No comments: