Friday, July 20, 2007

Well, we made it

...to Moose Jaw and to the Readception at the Saskatchewan Festival of Words. The Readception is a fun event where a number of the authors give short readings. Just a taste. And while they read, the audience nibbles on goodies. The nummy little cups with smoked salmon and capers were divine. So were the readings by Dionne Brand and Guy Gavriel Kay.

We chatted with lots of people we know, including Daniel Scott Tysdal, winner of the 2007 ReLit Award for poetry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a blast! I'll get to meet Daniel S. T. at Sage. I leave tomorrow. I can't believe how hot it's going to be!! Please take some of that hot weather away when you go to BC.

Brenda Schmidt said...

Thank you! Will do. Have fun at Sage! From what I hear, it sounds like a great bunch.

Ok, I'll hook the heat behind our little car and drop it off in Medicine Hat. Just for you, Paula Jane. :)