Saturday, July 28, 2007

Fernie Writers Conference (Day 6): Ultimate

...workshopping! You are not going to believe this...



After the workshop H and I had lunch at Lost Boys before taking the ski lift back down. Courtney recommended the falafel. It was excellent.

Now we're off to the conference dinner at The Griz Inn. More later...

Update:

First I have to backtrack a bit. After we got back from Lost Boys, H edited the video while I attended the fine "Presenting for Publication" panel discussion. I missed the introductions, but the schedule says the participants were Phil Rowley, Keith Liggett, Jennifer Hamilton, who I mentioned yesterday, and Carolyn Nikodym. There was an additional panelist who I think was Brian Coombs.

The conference dinner was great. Drinks and appetizers followed by a fabulous barbecue. That chef knows how to grill a steak! There was chicken as well, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and you name it, followed by a generous selection of desserts. I loved one of the cheesecakes in particular. We sat with a great bunch. It was fun.

When we got back, we sat on the deck and watched the full moon mosey up the mountain.

No comments: