Thursday, April 05, 2018

April is National Poetry Month

...and five days in I can say it has been extraordinary! There are so many wonderfully engaging celebrations happening across the country. As a way of celebrating, I ordered wildflower seeds from Blazing Star Wildflower Seed Company and I'll be giving these packs away during Poetry Month. On the front of the custom seed pack is a pic I took last year while standing among the wildflowers during my travels in Saskatchewan.



I gave many packs away over the past few days. Currently you can find a stack of these seeds at Traditions Handcraft Gallery in Regina. We stopped there yesterday to enjoy and add some beautiful work by Saskatchewan artists to my collection. Many thanks to Traditions Handcraft Gallery for all the help. I learned so much about the amazing work being created in this province.

On April 11, I will have the honour of reading with Lisa Bird-Wilson and Lynda Monahan at a Poetry Month Celebration at Government House. On April 28, I'll be attending the 25th Saskatchewan Book Awards Ceremony. I will be packing wildflower seeds!

Here's wishing you a beautiful month of poetry!