Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Poetry shortlisted for Saskatchewan Book Awards

One of the top duties in my official job description is to celebrate the spirit of the people and place of Saskatchewan. My pleasure! One of the ways to do this is by reading poetry that does this work and so much more. So I bought all the books of poetry that are shortlisted for various 2017 Saskatchewan Book Awards and I've read each one. That's not in the job description, and I would've done so anyway, and so would anyone in this position. I imagine all Saskatchewan poets eventually read all of the books of poetry that come out of this place. Congratulations to these authors on these amazing books. Each one of them moved me. Reading these books back to back has been an incredible experience and an unforgettable journey.