Friday, October 30, 2015

The Best Canadian Poetry 2015

...launch is happening tonight at the IFOA in Toronto. Many thanks to guest editor Jacob McArthur Mooney and series editors Molly Peacock and Anita Lahey for including my poem in this anthology. 



Thank you to Canadian Poetries for first publishing the piece. The poem, a sonnet cycle, is part of Culvert Installations, a book I've been working on for several years now. Many people have generously contributed their words to the project and to them I offer thanks as well. This project would be nothing without their stories. I used a quote from one of those people as the starting point for the poem in the anthology. I'm so happy those words are now in a collection of amazing poems by amazing poets and will be mingling with some of the coolest people in CanLit tonight. More importantly, the words are out there and taking on a new life. That's exciting and kind of scary.

No comments: