Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Making themselves heard

...is something the American Redstart does well.


We were at Greenwater Lake Provincial Park for a couple days and they were everywhere. You had to really listen to hear what else was singing.

It was our first visit to that part of Saskatchewan. It drizzled and rained more than it didn't, but we hiked all the trails anyway. It's a mature forest and there are lots of dead trees.


And it's a popular family park, so there are lots of signs.


I'm not sure what I think of the little plastic signs posted here and there. I saw a plastic robin in a tree. Then H spotted this plastic elk.


But I liked the loops.


That's where we found these fairy bells.


And more signs.


And just beyond the overlook, a curved bridge.


What else would one expect on a loop?

4 comments:

tracy said...

Did you feel a little loopy after?

Brenda Schmidt said...

Ha! Maybe that's why I was so drawn to the trails!

the regina mom said...

Makes me think they've feng shuied the park... ;-)

Brenda Schmidt said...

Ha! :)