Monday, September 01, 2008

Writers and conceptions

...of audience. Going by the definitions put forth, I think I'm a groupist with individualist leanings. I lack the internal conviction required to be a true individualist. And audience is important to me. That said, I do have a separate body of work that I do not put forward, ongoing work that is important to me but doesn't fit with the rest. I suspect many groupists do.

*
The hops we planted on June 1 is doing amazingly well. This pic was taken this morning.


I needed a step ladder to photograph it and still the plant stretched well above. Select Hops is growing as well. It's my turn to post and I will do so today.

2 comments:

Paula Jane said...

Your hops are elegant, and that wonderful praying-mantis green. Why isn't that a paint colour? Seriously, I want to know.

Hey, if you're in the mood and have the time, I'm looking for short story collection recommendations on my blog. Since you get a ton of traffic and I get very little, perhaps you could send people my way with their recommendations? Thanks!

Brenda Schmidt said...

Thanks, Paula Jane! Praying mantis green? Hm. I bet that would sell.

Did you follow the 31 days of Short Stories on TSR? It was the literary ironman event of the year. 45 posts in all and high quality posts at that. The posts on the stories themselves include the covers of the collections from which they came. He's the go-to guy on short stories.