Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The years go by

...so quickly. I was thinking about this the other day as we sat in the car eating bread and brie while watching a flock of ptarmigan feed.



We were doing the second annual Creighton Christmas Bird and Mammal Count, an all day affair, so I had plenty of time to think back. 2007 was a big year for me. A fun year. So much crammed into such a short time. I hope I was paying attention.

2008 is shaping up to be another big year. My third book is due out in April. I'm very excited about it. I'm also excited about Gerry Hill's upcoming book and for good reason. I'll fill you in on the rest as the year goes on.

I hope to see you all this year. Wishful thinking perhaps, but it's possible. Most of all, I want you to know how much I appreciate the time you take to read these words. Thank you.

Happy new year! Best wishes to you all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Brenda Schmidt said...

Happy New Year, Tracy! How I'd love to split a bread basket with you right now...

Anonymous said...

Yes a bread basket right now would hit the spot. Some wine, some good company, some bread...

pohanginapete said...

Ooh, wine, bread, good company... it doesn't get much better.I can provide all of those here — anyone keen for a bloggers' get-together in the Pohangina Valley?

Happy New Year Brenda (and Tracy and all other AOABS appreciators).

Brenda Schmidt said...

Yay, party at Pete's place! Let's go! I'll bring the cheese! If I hang a right at the corner and keep going we'll get to New Zealand eventually. :)

Happy New Year, Pete.

Ariel Gordon said...

Is there another 'dirty bird' poem in the offing, B?

Brenda Schmidt said...

Ha! Actually, next up is a muskrat sonnet.

Anonymous said...

your videos make me long for real winter... all I have to see here is more green, new rosemary blossoms, mud, and huge ocean swells... I love/miss the little stabs of cold inhalations... and I'm being truthful... there's just something comforting about real winter... won't be at St. Pete's... going to Banff... I'll try to come to Sask. later in the year if there's some writer thingy happening... keep me posted well in advance

Brenda Schmidt said...

Sounds lovely out there, Sms. And rosemary! Nice.

Have a great time at Banff!