Sunday, April 01, 2007

This blog will be very quiet

...this month. Have a great April! I'll post again in early May.

Update:
April 2
- Ok. I posted today, but likely will not post again until May. In the meantime I'll be practising my pronunciation of "kuchen" and "kaffee."

Update:
April 2
- By the way, last night I read "How we learned to stop having fun" and lingered over several sentences, including this one: "Urbanisation and the rise of a competitive, market-based economy favoured a more anxious and isolated sort of person - potentially both prone to depression and distrustful of communal pleasures." The bit about Nietzsche and the "horror of individual existence" caught my attention as well. Until I read this article I hadn't really thought about the suppression of festivities.

Update:
April 4
- I have to share this. Todd Swift, talking about reaching the next generation of readers and writers, says this: "Combining more innovative and fresh models with the more traditional approaches of old would no more disrupt the Tradition than Eliot's work did - in fact, as Eliot himself argued, each new work simply realigns the whole canon, in new, vital ways." Nice.

2 comments:

Rhett Soveran said...

I hope you two have a great time!

Brenda Schmidt said...

Thanks, Rhett! I'm pretty excited. Tracy will have a hard time keeping me out of the cake shops.