Friday, March 16, 2007

Last year there was a symposium

...at Brandon University that I wanted to attend, but it was held the weekend before Talking Fresh. Living far from major centres means a trip to any event is challenging in terms of time and cost, so I frequently spend much time mulling over my choices. Last year I chose Talking Fresh. This year Brandon University presents "What is Resonance? Poetry-Science Symposium," hosted by Canada Research Chair in English Di Brandt. It starts tonight. I'd love to be there. However, Talking Fresh 5: Writing and Faith takes place next weekend. I have meetings and the first annual muse party to attend while I'm in Regina for Talking Fresh, so once again the event in Brandon is out of the question. I hope next year the two events will be spaced a few weeks apart.

No comments: